Our friendly, Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVN’s) run a whole range of pet health clinics. Clinics provide valuable advice and information to help prevent problems before they arise including rabbit care, senior clinics and weight clinics to name a few.
What does a nurse weight clinic provide?
- Assessment and follow up consultations.
- A tailor made diet and exercise regime for your pet.
How can I tell if my pet is overweight?
- You cannot feel their ribs without applying a fair amount of pressure.
- There is no obvious waistline.
- A wobbling belly when moving.
- You are having to loosen their collar/harness.
Does my pet need to go to a weight clinic?
- Do you feed your pet scraps/leftovers?
- Are they are reluctant to exercise?
- Do they tire easily with activity?
- Do they waddle or struggle to walk freely?
- Will they continuously eat if there is food available?
- Have you ever been told your pet is overweight?
If you answered ‘yes’ to one or more of these questions, then taking your pet to a weight clinic may be a good option.
What happens when my pet reaches their goal?
When your pet has reached their target weight, our nurses will create a long term feeding and exercise regime to help keep the weight off!