South Devon Veterinary Hospital offers a wide range of diagnostic services that help us accurately diagnose medical conditions. As well as the services described in the menu we are also able to provide:
- Blood pressure monitoring.
- ECG (Electrocardiogram)- to measure electrical activity of the heart.
- ERG (Electroretinography) – to measure the function of the retina in the eye.
- Tonometry – to measure the pressure within the eye.
- Direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy and slit lamps- to closely examine the eye.
Our in- house laboratory provides everything we need for routine cases, including:
- Blood smears
- Blood glucose
For all other tests we use Axiom Veterinary Laboratories which are locally based in Newton Abbot. We are able to get urgent samples processed within the hour and most blood tests are back in 24 hours or less.
To take a look, check out our facilities page.