South Devon Veterinary Hospital offers a wide range of diagnostic services that help us accurately diagnose medical conditions. As well as the services described in the menu we are also able to provide:
- Blood pressure monitoring.
- ECG (Electrocardiogram)- to measure electrical activity of the heart.
- ERG (Electroretinography) – to measure the function of the retina in the eye.
- Tonometry – to measure the pressure within the eye.
- Direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy and slit lamps- to closely examine the eye.
South Devon Veterinary Hospital is equipped with state of the art digital x-ray facilities. This allows vets to take, develop and be interpreting radiographs within minutes allowing for quick diagnosis and clinical planning. Our system is a human medical quality system with a range of plate sizes suitable for all patients. Our x-ray room is lead lined including lead glass in the door to allow monitoring throughout the x-ray process. We also have a floating x-ray table which allows us to move the x-ray table without having to move the patient for quick positioning.
For a tour of our x-ray room visit our facilities page.