Our friendly, Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVN’s) run a whole range of pet health clinics. Clinics provide valuable advice and information to help prevent problems before they arise including rabbit care, senior clinics and weight clinics to name a few. Clinics are FREE*, however there is a modest charge for minor procedures such as nail clipping, or blood pressure measurement.
*Please note that these clinics are not in place of veterinary advice, if you have a medical concern please contact the practice on 01626 367972 to make an appointment with one of our vets.
What happens during a dental clinic?
- Our nurses will give your pet a FREE dental assessment.
- The condition of your pet’s teeth will be checked.
- We will advise you whether dental treatment may be recommended.
What information will I be given?
Our nurses will advise you:
- How to introduce your pet to tooth brushing.
- How to clean your pet’s teeth correctly.
- Which foods/treats can help to maintain clean and healthy teeth and gums.
I am already concerned about my pet’s teeth, what should I do?
If your pet is exhibiting symptoms of dental problems, such as:
- Bad breath.
- Struggling/not wanting to eat.
- Preferring to eat wet/soft food.
- Having trouble grooming themselves.
- Visible signs, such as plaque, bleeding gums or pus.
you will need to make an appointment to see the vet as further treatment may be required. This will be charged at our standard consultation rate.